H5P is now part of Moodle/AsULearn Core. As such, all H5P content must be created and stored in the H5P Content Bank located within your AsULearn course.
Steps for creating new H5P content and editing existing H5P content in the Content Bank.
- From the course page, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
- Navigate to the left-side navigation drawer and scroll down to the "Content Bank" link (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Image of the navigation drawer in AsULearn showing the "Content Bank" link for H5P.
- Click on the "Content Bank." This will open the Content Bank in a new window.
- To create a new H5P file, click the "Add" drop down link and select the H5P content format that you want (Figure 2).
Figure 2: Image of the Content bank window in AsULearn.
- This will open a new window and you can begin creating your content.
- If you have existing H5P content in the Content Bank, simply select the file.
- This will open the file in a new window and you can make any edits or modifications that you would like.
Creating, Editing, and Uploading H5P Content in AsULearn
The following H5p content formats can report back to the AsULearn gradebook if you include an interactive component.
- Interactive Video - There must be a summary question at the end. The student must answer the question and allow the slide to move to the next screen. A summary report will appear and the student must click the "Submit Answers" button to submit the grades to the gradebook.
- Course Presentation - There must be at least one question within the presentation AND the student must click on the summary slide (the one marked with a star in the navigation bar.)
- Interactive Book - Students must click on the "Summary and Submit" button on the left side book navigation panel.
- Flashcards - Once the student has entered the answers on the cards it will send grades back to the gradebook.
Never change grade type in H5p after students have started submitting.