NaturalReader is a text-to-speech software that can read text from applications including, Microsoft Word, files, webpages, PDF files, and email. These can be converted to audio files in MP3 and WAV formats and also works with OCR software.
- Text to Speech - convert any text or document into natural-sounding voices
- Supports PDF, Docx, and Text Documents
- Preserves original formatting of PDF files
- Convert printed characters into digital text - allows you to listen to your printed files or edit in a word document.
- Converts screenshots of text from eBook desktop app into speech & audio files
- Converts text into mp3 files for Windows/Mac
- Footer & Header Adjustment
- Pronunciation Editor - allows you to manually modify the pronunciation of a certain word.
- Minoboard - offers a simple way of reading text directly on the page.
Who can use this software?
Faculty, Staff & Students
How do I purchase a license?
Natural Reader offers a free version with unlimited use with Free Voices, Miniboard to read the text in other applications, pronunciation editor, and works with PDF, Docx, TXT, and ePub.
Individual, Professional, and Ultimate licenses are also available for purchase.
These licenses are purchased at the Department Level.
How do I obtain a license?
Licenses can be downloaded directly from their website.
Who do I contact for problems or issues?
Call the Help Desk at 828-262-6266, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or by entering a support request at https://tech.appstate.edu
Internal Data (Requires Login)