Poll Everywhere is an online polling platform that is able to collect real-time responses from students using any computer or mobile device with internet access. It can be used in a variety of situations: remote participation, on-campus participation, or remote participation in on-campus classes.
- Works with PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Keynote
- Graded student responses can be easily exported to your AsULearn Gradebook
- Learning activities: use polls as ice breakers, group work and competitions, think-pair-share activities, and graded quizzes
Recording of the online training from Poll Everywhere https://mediaspace.appstate.edu/media/t/1_n4gzxnww
Poll Everywhere is integrated into our single sign on system. Go to https://www.polleverywhere.com/login, select sign in, and put in your Appstate email XXXXX@appstate.edu and select NEXT. You get an option to ‘Log in with Appalachian State University’. Use this option to use your normal Appstate password. Just like you use for your appstate email. If you forget your password use the Appstate password manager to reset it.
Review the comprehensive Poll Everywhere Instructor Guide for additional information about using this tool in your courses.
- For thorough directions on building your polls, review Poll Everywhere’s Create an Activity document. To learn about a particular question type, select the associated topic below:
- How to create polls using Poll Everywhere
- Learn how to grade responses. When using the multiple choice or clickable image question types, student responses can be automatically graded. Note: Grading is only available for Multiple choice activities and Clickable image activities.
- Present polls using Zoom
Presenting polls to students:
- AsULearn (moodle) integration
Students can submit responses via web browser, mobile app or text message. For graded responses make sure the students login before beginning the poll.
Resources to share with students
- Link to Poll Everywhere for Students page to your Getting Started module in AsULearn.
- Students login at https://pollev.com/ using their ASU email address and password.
If you are experiencing issues or want to learn more about Poll Everywhere, please use the following:
- Search: Poll Everywhere FAQs for information about a particular feature
- Submit: Support Ticket to Poll Everywhere for specific questions
- Poll Everywhere offers regularly-scheduled comprehensive webinars.