As a Google Groups user, one of the first things you might want to do is read and respond to group posts. Depending on how a group is configured by the owner (and your personal settings), you will be able to read and respond to posts either through your google account or by directly responding through your email.
Some groups are set up as distribution lists and only group managers can send messages to the group. Other groups are discussion lists so all members can send messages to the group. To be able to respond to a post, you must be approved to send messages to the group.
Read and Respond to Posts Using Email
- Click on the email in your inbox to see the message from the group.
- Type a response to the email.
- Select reply (to respond only to the poster) or reply to all (to respond to the whole group).
Read and Respond to Posts from your Google Account
- Open Google Groups.
- Click on a group name. The topics group home page appears with a list of all current topics (All of the unread posts for a topic are listed in bold).
- Click on the topic you want to read. The first post in the topic (created when the topic was created) is displayed on top followed by all responses.
- Click on the “Reply all” button to post a response that all group members can see, click on the “Reply to author” button to reply only to the author of the post, or click the “Forward” button to forward the post to an email address.
- Type your reply in the reply field.
- Click the “Send” button to reply to that post.