Instructions for installing a networked Sharp MFP onto a PC that has been imaged with an Appalachian State University build. Also included in the instructions are how to set up user codes in a print driver if the copier is set up with them.
1. Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen.
2. Search for the Control Panel and once you have found it, select it.
3. Once the Control Panel opens, find Devices and Printers and select it.
4. Select Add a Printer.
5. A list of networked printers will come up. To make it easier to find your printer, select ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ and continue to the next step.
6. After clicking on ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed', select ‘Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature’ and click Next.
7. After clicking next, expand the screen and search for Sharp. Your printer will be named Sharp-Dept-Building-Room. Double click on the printer and it will automatically install.
8. Once the installation process has finished, click on Finish.
Adding User Codes to a Print Driver if Needed
Step 1. While in the Devices and Printers window, right-click on the Sharp MFP and select Printing Preferences. Depending on your copier model, the appearance of these steps may appear different. Examples of both are given below.
Step 2. Once the Printing Preferences window opens, select the Job Handling tab. Click the box next to User Number and enter in the assigned user code. Next, click Apply and OK.
Once the Printing Preferences window opens, select the Job Handling tab. Click the drop-down box under Authentication and select User Number. Then, enter the assigned user code under User Number. Next, click Apply and OK.