The syllabus module enables a teacher to create a web page resource for syllabus content.
Advantages of using the syllabus module rather than the file module include:
- More accessible (for example to users of mobile devices and screen readers)
- Easier to update (PDF files have to be edited in the original document format, re-saved/exported to PDF, re-uploaded to the file activity)
- More consistent format across courses, which makes it easier for students to use
The syllabus module may also allow Google Assistant and Google Chat access to syllabus content.
A syllabus may be used to:
- Provide instructor contact information
- List course meeting times and location
- Present the terms and conditions of a course
- Link to institution policies
- On your course page, click Turn editing on.
- Add an activity or resource to the desired section and select Syllabus.
- Change the Name to the desired syllabus title. Use the description field if needed.
- For Banner courses, the Semester, Course name, Course ID, and Section number fields should be pre-populated. Make any desired changes to this content.
- Complete the remaining Course catalog, Instructor, Syllabus body, and Withdraw dates content as desired.
- Save and return to course or Save and display.
The syllabus resource will be available from the AsULearn web application, as well as the AsULearn mobile app. The syllabus content can also be retrieved through Google chat. See AsULearn-Syllabus Chatbot for more information.
Download / print PDF
The syllabus can be downloaded as a PDF file by browsing to the syllabus resource and selecting File > Print... from your web browser menu. Select Save to PDF from the Destination options and save the file to the preferred location.