Access Windows Computer Labs through uDesk which creates a virtual Windows instance inside your web browser, allowing you to access a university build at any time. This guide will show you how to connect to uDesk GPU which provides remote (off campus) access to software requiring Graphics Processing Unit Support: ArcGIS, Autocad, ENVI, Enscape, Erdas, Imagine, Keyshot, Multispec, Navisworks, QGIS, Revit, Rhino, Rhino 6, SketchUp, Sketchup-Pro, Solidworks, V-Ray.on a Mac or PC through the web browser. Full List of software available in Online Windows Computer lab with GPU Labs (link only accessible with appstate.edu account)
When finished, be sure to use the Shut Down power option in the Start Menu. Closing your web browser while the uDesk HTML Portal is active or failing to use the Shut Down command could result in data loss
- On any Mac or PC, open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari and go to: https://udesk.appstate.edu/
- Click on the uDesk 1.0 Button
- Click on VMware Horizon HTML Access.
- Sign in with your AppState Credentials.
- Once Signed in, choose the correct virtual machine based upon your needs.
- You can now use the virtual machine.
Note: This screen may take a few minutes to load so please be patient.
If you have any questions, submit a support request at support.appstate.edu, or call the Help Desk at 262-6266.