uDesk 2.0 Virtual Desktop
Access Online Windows Computer labs from a web browser using uDesk, Appalachian's virtual desktop solution, which is updated for fall 2020. You can access a custom-built Windows operating environment from any device with which you have an active internet connection. uDesk allows faculty and staff to work from home just as if they were in the office, and allows students to access university-licenses software found in campus computers labs. List of Software available in Online uDesk Virtual Desktop (link only accessible with appstate.edu account)
uDesk creates a virtual Windows instance inside your web browser, allowing you to access a university build at any time. Frequent users can even install the uDesk Horizon Client on their machine to bypass the web browser entirely
To use uDesk, follow the instructions below for each of the options
- Access the uDesk HTML Portal
- Navigate to udesk.appstate.edu
- Select Login to the new uDesk.
- In the Microsoft login window, enter your full appstate email address, the password. NOTE: if you're enrolled in Duo 2FA, you will be prompted to enter your second factor of authentication
- Choose the appropriate Faculty/Staff or Student Lab option.
- Choose the correct operating environment based upon your classification
- When finished, be sure to use the Shut Down power option in the Start Menu
- Note: Closing your web browser while the uDesk HTML Portal is active or failing to use the Shut Down command could result in data loss
- Access Mac-specific software
- Click on HERE for further instructions
- Access uDesk GPU for graphic intensive software (uDesk 1.0)
- Click on HERE for further instructions.