The Simple weighted mean of grades aggregation method is best for people who use a combination of points and percentages. This aggregation type does not allow you to set a weight for items or the categories; it simply uses the inherent weighting you've established by setting different maximum point values. For example, a 75-point item is worth more than a 25-point item. If you want all the student scores added together and divided by the points possible to obtain a percentage, use this aggregation. This aggregation also easily allows teachers to flag items as extra credit, if that option is needed.
To set course Aggregation type to Simple weighted mean of grades:
- From the main course page, select Gradebook setup from the gear icon (top right).
- Click the Edit > Edit settings link next to the course category.
- Toggle or confirm that Aggregation is set to Simple weighted mean of grades.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the screen.
If you have questions about gradebook setup, please contact your college consultant.
The video below
- demonstrates how to set the Aggregation
- explains how point values are related to the total score
- demonstrates how to add a graded item (1:18)
- demonstrates how to group graded items into a category (2:03)
- demonstrates how to specify a graded item as extra credit (3:10)
Place Useful Links Here