This article provides instructions on how to configure ASU Wireless on Windows 10.
Students are allowed 4 device registrations
Faculty and staff are allowed 5 device registrations
- Right click the wireless icon in the system tray (by the clock). Select the option Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Manually create network profile.
- Enter the following information, then click Next.
Network name: asu
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
5. Click Change connection settings.
6. Click the Security tab.
7. Ensure that the network authentication method is Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP), then click the Settings button.
8. Uncheck the Validate server certificate box at the top.
9. Click Configure. Uncheck the option Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
10. Click OK to close the dialog window, then OK again so that you’re back to the Security tab of the Wireless Network Properties window. Click the Advanced Settings button.
11. Check the box Specify authentication mode, select User authentication from the drop down menu, then click the Save credentials button.
12. Enter your Appstate user name and password.
13. Click OK to close all of the dialog windows.
14. Go back to the Wireless Icon at the bottom of your desktop. Click on the asu wireless network to connect (it may already be connected).
15. Your device should now connect to the asu network.
16. You will need to register your device on the secure wireless.
Once connected to asu, open a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari) and go to netreg2.appstate.edu
17. Log in using your AppState username and password.
18. Follow the steps to register your device. Registration takes 15-20 minutes to go through, you will need to shut down and re-boot your device after 15-20 minutes
for the registration to take effect.