Accessible and searchable media is very important to Appalachian State University. We strive to make all media captioned to enable discovery and to ensure that accessibility needs are met. Captioned video is useful for those with a hearing loss and for users with certain learning disabilities. It can also be a useful tool to anyone who struggles to understand an accent, as reading text along with listening assists with comprehension.
- From the AsULearn Dashboard or within an AsULearn site, look for the My Media link in the far left column.
- Click on the Edit, pencil icon, that appears by the video.
- Click the Captions tab, and then click the Edit Captions button.
- The page will display a thumbnail of the video, along with boxes containing the auto-generated captions. Click within the text boxes to edit.
- By clicking the play button below the video, the highlighted caption indicates the caption that would display. Pause the video to edit the captions as needed.
- Click Save changes when complete to retain the edits.