Import Quiz Questions to AsULearn Using the Aiken Format
The Aiken format lets you create multiple-choice or true-false questions using a simple, human-readable format that you can save as a plain text file and import into AsULearn.
Write Questions in the Aiken Format
- Write your questions in a text editor such as Notepad (Windows) or Text Edit (Mac OS X), and format as follows.
- The question must be all on one line. There can be multiple sentences, but no hard returns.
- Each answer must start with a single uppercase letter, followed by a period "." OR a right parenthesis ")", then a space.
- The answer line must immediately follow, starting with "ANSWER: " (with a space after the colon) and then give the letter for the correct answer.
- Note: The word "ANSWER" and the answer letters (A,B,C etc.) must be capitalized as shown, otherwise the import will fail.
- Use Save As and save your questions as a .txt (plain text) file in UTF-8 format (encoding).
The lead actress in the film, 'Blind Side' portraying the mother is played by the following person.
A. Jennifer Aniston
B. Sandra Bullock
C. Dustin Hoffman
D. Lady Gaga
The author of, “To Kill a Mockingbird” is Harper Lee.
Importing to AsULearn Question Bank
- Log into the AsULearn course where you would like to add questions.
- Click the Gear Icon in the upper corner and select More > Question Bank > Import
- For File format, select Aiken Format.
- Click the General heading to expand the settings and for Import category, select a Category (or use Default for course) .
Note: To create a new category, click the Categories tab and then do the import process.
Under Import questions from file, drag and drop your .txt file onto the the Import box, or alternately, click Choose a file.... to browse for the .txt file on your computer.
- Click Import. You will see a page with the message "importing (# of) question(s) from file," with a list of the questions.
- Click Continue. Your Question Bank will open. You can now further edit the questions or include the questions in a quiz.