Some faculty may require students to use the Moodle Safe Exam Browser within an AsUlearn quiz. Safe Exam Browser (SEB) is a customized web browser, available for Windows (7, 8.1, 10), macOS (starting 10.7, recommended 10.11 or newer) and iOS (9.3.5 or newer). The application must be downloaded and installed on the device that the student uses to attempt the quiz.
- The browser window won't have a URL or search field and back/forward navigation and reload can be disabled.
- Safe Exam Browser cannot be closed until the test is submitted.
- Switching to other applications is disabled by default, but it's possible to allow to use specific third party applications during an exam at the discretion of the instructor.
- Shortcut keys such as Win+Tab, Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+F4, Print Screen, Cmd+Tab are disabled or cannot be used to close Safe Exam Browser or to switch to other user accounts on the computer. The possibility of taking screen shots is disabled.
- The clipboard is cleared when starting and quitting Safe Exam Browser.
- The browser context menu is disabled.
- Specific web sites/pages/resources can be accessible during an exam at the discretion of the instructor.
- Spell checking and dictionary lookup is disabled, but can optionally be allowed.
- Click on the quiz link created by your instructor in AsULearn.
- Already Installed SEB
If you have already downloaded the Safe Exam Browser earlier, then click on“Launch Safe Exam Browser”.
First Time Using SEB
If this is your first time using Safe Exam Browser, click on Download Safe Exam Browser.
If you click on “Download Safe Exam Browser”: It will take you to the download page, please pick the one that fits your device (i.e. Windows, MacOS or iOS).
Save the download file onto your device.
Then open the file from the download folder on your device.
Follow the instructions and download the Safe Exam Browser.
Once the Safe Exam Browser is successfully installed, go back to the quiz page in AsULearn and choose“Launch Safe Exam Browser”.
- If the Safe Exam Browser is successfully installed, students should see the option to choose "Launch Safe Exam browser.
*You will then be asked to login to AsULearn using your ASU ID and password on the Safe Exam Browser.
You can take the quiz on the Safe Exam Browser by clicking on the “Attempt Quiz now” link.
Once you are done with the quiz and submitted it, you can quit the Safe Exam Browser by pressing the Exit button on bottom right of the browser window.