Scanned PDFs can be challenging for students if they are not OCR scans. OCR means that a text reader can read the file, and students can search the PDF for terms, definitions, etc. The OSA application on a copier will automatically create an ADA-compliant, readable, searchable, and correctly-oriented PDF that your students will thank you for! Then, you can use the Google Repository in AsULearn to easily add your scanned PDF to your online course materials!
- On the copier’s display, find and press the OSA tab.
- On some machines you may need to press the Drivve Image option.
- On the Login screen, press User and enter your ASU Username (not email address) using the on-screen or pull-out keyboard, then press Ok. Then repeat the process for Password and press Ok.
- Once your username and password have been entered, press Ok at the top right.
- Select Scan to Google Drive.
- Place your material on the copy bed and press Scan to scan to the root directory of your Google Drive.
Note: You can press Start for multiple pages, or Read-End to finish.
- When you are finished with your scanning session, press the user picture icon.
- Then press Logout.
Feel free to check out this complete video tutorial for more details:
If you have any questions, feel free to submit a request at support.appstate.edu/help, or call the Help Desk at 262-6266.