Instructions for installing a networked Sharp MFP onto a Mac which has been imaged with an Appalachian State University build. Also included in the instructions are how to setup user codes in a print driver if the copier is set up with them.
NOTE: You will now have to enter your username each time you print.
These instructions will only work for Mac computers with an official ASU build on them.
1. Click on the Spotlight icon in the top right corner of the Menu Bar.
2. Search for Self Service and select that option.
3. Once opened, select ASU-Print and Scan from the menu on the left and then click Install underneath Sharp Printer Drivers. This will insure that you have the driver that you need to add the MFP.
4. Once you have been notified the drivers have been installed, click Run underneath Printer Setup Tool. This may take a minute or so to run.
5. The Printer Setup Tool will open and there will be a Drop Down Box for you to select your printer. After selecting the printer you wish to install, click Add. *If you do not know the name of your Sharp printer, look at the orange tag on the front of the machine.
6. Click on the Spotlight icon in the top right corner of the Menu Bar.
7. Search for Printers & Scanners and select that option.
8. Once the MFP is installed, you can select Options & Supplies to configure additional equipment that is on the machine.
9. Click the Options tab and select the correct configuration for the MFP. Click OK. (Your options will vary based on the configuration of your machine. Please use this link, , to find the options for your Sharp)
Adding User Codes to a Print Driver if Needed
Open a program up on the Mac, for this setup, we will be using Microsoft Word.
1. At the top left of the screen, click on File and then click on Print.
2. Click Copies & Pages and a new list will appear. Select Job Handling.
3. Select the Authentication tab and click the bubble next to User Number. Enter in the user code that has been assigned. Remember to click the Lock icon so that the code is not forgotten in the driver. If the Lock is not showing, no need to worry, our new drivers do not have this option.
4. After locking the code in, click where it says Default Settings next to Presets. Select Save Current Settings as Preset
5. Name the Preset whatever you would like so that you are reminded to use this setting when using the Sharp MFP. Click OK.