Your Default Mail Handler is the email program that is launched when you click on an email link in a Web page or email message. You can make Google Chrome your default mail handler by doing one of the following steps:
From the Google Chrome Address Bar
- When you first log in to your Mountaineer Apps Gmail account, you’ll see a double-diamond icon in your address bar.
- Select the double-diamond icon to allow Gmail (mail.google.com) to open all email links and then click Done. Chrome will now be your Default Mail Handler.
From Google Chrome Settings
If you don’t see the double-diamond icon in your Address bar, you can set the default mail handler in your Google Chrome settings.
- From the Google Chrome menu, choose Settings (or Preferences, depending on your operating system).
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings. A new window opens.
- In the Handlers section, click Manage handlers. The Protocol handlers window opens.
- In the mailto section, choose mail.google.com from the dropdown list.
If you have any questions, feel free to submit a request at support.appstate.edu/help, or call the Help Desk at 262-6266.