uStor Share is AppState's solution for accessing your uStor is a network-based file storage from anywhere you have an internet connectionsolution for saving AppState files off your computer. You can access uStor directly on your Mac or PC by connecting to the network share or you can access them through a web browser at https://remote.appstate.edu/. This guide will show you how to access the server directly on your Mac and create a uStor folder on your desktop for easy access. alias for easier access.
You must be connected to VPN in order to use uStor when not connected to the asu network. More information is available at https://remote.appstate.edu/
- In the Finder Menu Bar, click on Go, then "Connect to Server..."
- In the Server Address field, type the path to the directory you want to map. This can be your Home folder like smb://ustor.appstate.edu/username or a Shared folder such as smb://ustor.appstate.edu/ITS/Support/HelpDesk.
- Click Connect and login with your AppState credentials.
- This will mount the uStor folder on the desktop.
- To create the shortcut to uStor on the Deskotp, right-click or control-click on the mounted uStor Share icon from the desktop and select "Make Alias"