To add Turnitin originality checking to an AsULearn Assignment or Forum, just follow the steps below.
- From the course page, click on theTurn editing on button (top right).
- Add either an "Assignment" or a "Forum" activity to your course
- On the Edit settings page where you create the activity, you will now notice a section of settings called Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings.
- Open this section and set 'Enable Turnitin' to Yes.
- A note about students and the Turnitin licensing agreement: If a student has never made a selection to accept or decline the Turnitin license agreement, they are blocked from posting on a forum or uploading an AsULearn assignment until they make a choice (if you've enabled the Turnitin plugin for the assignment or forum, or course). They can click the EULA link and accept or decline. If they accept, their submission or post goes to Turnitin. If they decline, it only goes to AsULearn, like a regular AsULearn assignment or forum post. After declining, the link STAYS there so they can go back and accept if they change their mind.
- Watch a recording of a webinar hosted by Greg Simmons & Mary Beth McKee about using the Plugins in AsULearn Assignments and Forums:
Widget Connector url http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcGS3M7opZ0