When submitting a PDF document to the Mobile Print system via myprintcenter.appstate.edu or email method, the PDF print job does not print after being released. This issue seems to happen when the software that is being used generates the PDF with a corrupt NULL character. Even though the document looks correct to the end user, the Mobile Print component sees the document as incomplete and fails to print the document. ITS will continue to document this issue so that we can determine what software is incorrectly generating the PDF, but a workaround has been provided below.
The same document can be printed via one of the campus lab computers without any modifications. If you need to print the PDF via Mobile Print, please follow these steps to re-generate the PDF using Google Chrome. This will remove the NULL character that is causing the issue.
Use Google Chrome to re-generate the PDF
- Right click on the PDF and select Open With > Google Chrome.
- Once the PDF document is open in Google Chrome, click on the Printer icon in the top right corner.
- Change the Destination to "Save as PDF" and then click Save.
- Select where you would like to save the new PDF document and click Save again.
- This newly created PDF should now be able to print via Mobile Print
|Content by Label|