Two-factor authentication with Duo is required for all incoming AppState Faculty & Staff. New Faculty & Staff will be introduced to two-factor authentication during New Employee Orientation and will be automatically enrolled at the end of the Orientation session. Once enrolled, Faculty & Staff will be required to complete enrollment by adding an authentication device before logging in to University services. We recommend registering a mobile phone number with DUO and one additional device as a backup. Instruction on how to complete DUO enrollment can be found below.
Enrolling in DUO is the single, most effective step that you can take to keep your AppState accounts secure.
Enrollment is easy! All you need to do is add it to your devices!
Simply login to a University authenticated service to register your devices
- On the first login to a University service after enrollment, you will see the “Start setup” splash screen to finalize DUO enrollment. (Log out and sign in again if you don't see the "Start setup" screen.)
- You can also click here to add devices if a login screen is not available.
- Click "Start Setup"
2. Choose an authentication device.
We recommend adding a mobile phone at the primary device, for portability and ease of use. Please contact the Help Desk at 828-262-6266 if this is a concern and we can discuss alternate authentication options.
3. Enter the cellular phone number including the area code of the device and confirm by checking the box.
4. Choose the type of phone.
5. Install DUO Mobile on your cellular phone from the Google Play Store or App Store . *Please allow notifications* When finished, click "I have DUO Mobile Installed"
6. If completing this process on a cell phone the device activation is automatic and you will see that your AppState account is now visible in the DUO Mobile App. Device enrollment is complete!
7. If completing this process on a computer you will be given an activation bar code to scan with the DUO Mobile App on your phone. Open the DUO Mobile app and scan the barcode by holding the phone camera 8-12 inches from the code. If your camera is not activated click on the plus + on the DUO Mobile App to activate the camera. Device enrollment is complete!
8. Create Emergency Bypass Codes! Now that your mobile device is enrolled in DUO, it is a good idea to generate some emergency bypass codes for use when you forget your phone, the battery is dead, or cellular service is not adequate. Bypass codes can be requested from any login prompt. Simply click on “Enter a Passcode” and “Text me new codes” from the blue bar.
|Content by Label|