OCR, or Optical Character Recognition, scanning means that the text in the scan is searchable and readable by a screen reader, making it more accessible to those who are vision impaired. It is a much better scanning option than the typical image scan that is often the default scanning mode for most copiers and scanners. The OSA application on a Sharp copier will automatically create an ADA-compliant, readable, searchable, and correctly-oriented PDF that your students will thank you for! Then, you can use the Google Repository in AsULearn to easily add your scanned PDF to your online course materials!
Step-by-step guide for Sharp Models MX-C301W, MX-C312, MX-C402, MX-654N, MX-754N
- On the copier’s display, find and press the OSA tab.
- On some machines you may need to press the Drivve Drive Image option.
- On the Login screen, press User and enter your ASU Username (not email address) using the on-screen or pull-out keyboard, then press Ok. Then repeat the process for Password and press Ok.
- Once your username and password have been entered, press Ok at the top right.
- Select Scan to Google Drive.
- Place your material on the copy bed and press Scan to scan to the root directory of your Google Drive.
Note: You can press Start for multiple pages, or Read-End to finish.
- When you are finished with your scanning session, press the user picture icon.
- Then press Logout.
Feel free to check out this complete video tutorial for more details:
Step-by-step guide for Sharp Models MX-B455, MX-B476W, MX-C304W, MX-3070V, MX-3071V, MX-5070V, MX-5071V, MX-M3070, MX-M5070
- On the home screen of the copier, select Google Drive.
If you have any questions, feel free to submit a request at support.appstate.edu/help, or call the Help Desk at 262-6266.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "g-drive" and type = "page" and space = "ATKB"|