To enable completion tracking for your course:
- From the course page, click on the gearwheel (top right) and click "Settings." Turn editing on and select Settings from the Gear (upper right) pull-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Completion tracking section .
Click and click the arrow to open the section.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Enable completion tracking and select Yes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and Display.
- Click on the activity or resource to open it.
- Click on the gear menu (top right).
- Click Edit settings.
- Scroll down to the Activity Completion section.
- Click the arrow to open the section.
- Select either Students can manually mark the activity as completed
• on the student's course page a checkbox is displayed by the activity or resource which the student can click to check or uncheck
or Show activity as complete when conditions are met
• a checkbox is displayed by the activity or resource on the student's course page and is checked when the condition for completing the activity or resource is met by the student
Select Do not indicate activity completion to disable completion tracking for this activity.
- The following options are enabled when Show activity as complete when conditions are met is selected. Click to select (check) a condition that is required.
- Require view - Student must view this activity to complete it (the only option for a Resource)
- Require grade - Student must receive a grade to complete this activity
- Student must submit this activity to complete it
- Optional: Enable Expect completed on to set a date and time for expected completion.
- Click Save and return to course or Save and display (activity or resource).
Step 3 - Define Course Completion Requirements