Note: To survey your students with multiple questions, or to create a single question survey that can be graded, use the Questionnaire activity.
- From the course page, click on theTurn editing on button (top right).
- In the course Section where you will add the Choice activity click Add an activity or resource.
- In the Activity chooser, select Choice and click Add.
- Enter a name for the activity.
- In the Description field, enter the question that you want students to answer.
Note: You will specify responses for them to choose from below.
- Under the Options heading, choose how the activity will behave:
- Allow choice to be updated: Allows students to change their choice after they submit a response. (The default is No, meaning that once a student saves their response they cannot change it.)
- Allow more than one choice to be selected: Allows students to select more than one answer
- Limit the number of responses allowed: Limit the number of students who can pick a particular choice. (Use this setting to setup a "sign up sheet" e.g., for group projects, presentation topics or lab sessions.
Note: When this option is selected, the Limit field becomes editable under each response option, allowing you to enter the number of students who can choose each response.
- In the Option fields (Option 1, Option 2, etc.), enter the text for each choice. To add additional choice options, click Add 3 field(s) to form.
- If you enabled a Limit (above), specify how many users may choose each response option in the Limit field below each Option.
- Click Save and return to course to return to the main course page, or Save and display to view the activity.
- On your course page, click the Choice activity name to open it. The Choice page will open showing the question you provided when you set up the activity, and a list of the specified allowed choices (i.e. you can cast your own vote).
- Click View # responses (at top-right) (# is the number of submitted responses). The Responses page will open, showing the answer choices, the number of students who picked each one, and, under each answer, a list of names of the students who picked that answer.
- On the Responses page (optional):
- Delete a course member's response
Select the checkbox to the left of a course member's name. Then, under With selected, from the Choose an action... drop-down menu, select Delete.
- Download submitted responses
Click one of the Download in ... format buttons. You can download the responses in Excel, text, or ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) formats.
|Content by Label|
|cql||label = "asulearn-fs" and space = currentSpace()|