- Navigate to: uctools.appstate.edu (If you are off the AppState network please ensure a connection to Pulse Secure before completing the next steps)
- Select Appalachian State University from the drop down and click submit
- Login with your AppState credentials
- Click on the Self Service tab
- Click on the plus below each device that you will be utilizing to answer university phone calls. The plus will turn to a check when enabled for that device type.
- On your mobile device open the "Play Store" for Android or the "App Store" for iOS and search for Cisco Jabber and download to your device.
- Launch the Cisco Jabber App and sign in with your AppState credentials.
- Android and iOS devices will only support one-to-one lines (one phone number registered to one user). Hunt groups are not supported on mobile.
Step 3. Login to Jabber
- Launch Jabber on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter your full AppState Email Address when prompted and then authenticate with your AppState credentials.
- Jabber will register/display your phone number based on your login information. Note: If a phone line is not linked to your username in the VOIP database it will not appear in Jabber.
- If using Jabber on a windows or mac based computer you will need to tell Jabber to "Use my computer" for calls