To use your AppState account with the native Google Mail, Contacts, and Calendar Apps on your Android, your AppState account will need to be added to your device. Instructions below are for users with a device running Android 4.2 or higher. Your setup instructions may vary. You only have to do this once.
Newer Android Devices:
1. Open Phone Settings > Accounts & Backup
2. Manage Accounts
3. Add Account
4. Select Google. When prompted, sign in with your full AppState email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) and email password
5. Agree to the Terms of Services. You device will then log into your AppState Google Account. This process could take several minutes.
You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to opt in for Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play Apps/Media. You can choose to set these up or select Not now or Skip .
Older Android Devices:
1. Touch the Settings > Add account > Google to add your Google Apps account.
2. Select Existing and enter your full email@example.com email address as your username and your email
password in the password field.
3. Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to the appstate domain. This process may take a few
4. You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to opt in for Google Play communications,
or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now .
5. After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful . You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want
to use, from your device's home or applications screen.
And going forward, you can change which services can sync with Google Apps on your device at any time by going to
Settings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make
sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.
Add other apps on Google Play
If an app isn't already installed on your device, such as Google Drive or Google Keep , search for it on Google Play. Most
Android apps by Google can be installed for free.
1. Open the Google Play app on your Android.
2. Search for a Google app you want to install, such as Google Drive or Google Keep, and select it.
3. Follow onscreen instructions to install and download the app. You should then be able to find and launch the app from
your applications screen.
Remember that your username for all Google Apps services is your firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g.,email@example.com ).
Visit or call the Technology Support Center for assistance with your Android Devices.