While all faculty and staff can view and register for workshops on campus, not everyone can post and create registration links on Workshop Scheduler.
Below is a step-by-step guide to getting your account set up.
Important: Please check the list of departments (here) prior to submitting a Workshop Department request to ensure that your department/unit does not already have one established.
Review the Terminology in this Documentation
- Creating a Workshop Department: Workshop offerings are administered by the individual departments conducting them. A Workshops department usually corresponds to a university organizational unit, whether an academic or administrative department.
To create a Workshops department, please submit a support ticket and include the following:
Your department or unit name, first name, last name, and username
Note: If you need additional Workshops Departments to properly organize your course offerings the Center for Academic Excellence can assist you.
For example, the Center for Academic Excellence maintains two Workshops departments:
- Center for Academic Excellence (FAD)
- Center for Academic Excellence (LTS)
- Adding department administrator(s). Once you are notified that your Workshop Department has been created and that you have Administrator privileges, you will be able to:
- Create Course Types. Course types are just a simple single-level categorization of your courses used in reporting.
- Add new administrators to your Workshops department
- Add courses. Tip: be mindful of a proliferation of courses that have slightly different names, but practically are the same course. When reporting registration and attendance it will simplify matters.
- Review workshops for accuracy and consistency
- Edit content
- Schedule instances of a course, a section
- Manage attendance
- Send out the zoom link
- Make other changes to a workshop on behalf of an instructor
Note: An administrator is NOT the same as an instructor in a section (i.e. the person teaching an instance of the workshop course)