- In the Finder Menu Bar, click on Go, then "Connect to Server..."
- In the Server Address field, type the path to the directory you want to map. This can be your Home folder like smb://ustor.appstate.edu/username or a Shared folder such as smb://ustor.appstate.edu/ITS/Support/HelpDesk.
- Click Connect and login with your AppState credentials.
- This will mount the uStor folder on the desktop.
- To create the shortcut to uStor on the Deskotp, right-click or control-click on the mounted uStor Share icon from the desktop and select "Make Alias"
6. You will now have an alias of that uStor Share on your Desktop that won't go away when you eject it or disconnect from the network.