Accessible and searchable media is very important to Appalachian State University. We strive to make all media closed captioned to enable discovery and to ensure that accessibility needs are met. Captioned video is useful for those with a hearing loss and for users with certain learning disabilities. It can also be a useful tool to anyone who struggles to understand an accent, as reading text along with listening assists with comprehension.
- From the AsULearn Home, Dashboard, My Course, and/or within an AsULearn course, locate your initials in the upper right hand corner, select, and scroll down to My Media.
- Now, identify the media you need to edit CC, locate the pencil icon to the right, and select.
3. First (1), select the Captions tab, and second (2) select the Edit Captions button.
4. The page will display a thumbnail of the video, along with boxes containing the auto-generated captions. Locate the CC error, simply click inside the text box, and edit.
5. Scroll through and check the rest of your CC and once you have confirmed that all your CC is correct, go to the right and select 1) Save and than select 2) Yes to confirm.