What is a Turnitin Assignment?
Turnitin is an integrated service in AsULearn for faculty and students that provides a number of writing-related tools:
- Originality Report: Identifies similarities between student writing submissions with a database of billions of webpages, journal articles, periodicals, publications, and stored student papers, in order to address uncited quotations and facilitate a discussion about integrity in academic writing.
- Feedback Studio: A tool specifically designed to provide feedback for evaluating writing with drag-and-drop custom comments, voice feedback, and support for grading with rubrics/grading forms.
- Peer Mark: A tool to set up peer review of existing Turnitin assignment submissions.
Status, outages, and maintenance
Turnitin How-To Videos
These videos were produced by Turnitin with steps to complete these tasks.
How to Create a Turnitin Assignment in your course:
- Create a Turnitin Assignment
- Modify Settings for the Assignment, grammar and spelling categories to be evaluated
- Set up a Turnitin Rubric for Grading
How to Read and Interpret a Turnitin Originality Report in Feedback Studio:
- Grading layer
- Similarity layer with Originality report score, comparison with sources
- e-rater layer with spelling and grammar recommendations
- download reports
How to Provide Student Feedback using Feedback Studio:
- QuickMarks for grading, commonly used comments
- associate QuickMarks with rubric
- grade paper, automatically inserted in gradebook
How to Submit a Turnitin Assignment as a Student, and How to View Feedback provided by your Instructor:
This video and steps for submitting are available to students.
Turnitin.com also offers a set of general support pages for using Turnitin in Moodle (AsULearn).