These instructions are used to grant ASU users access to the inbox of a generic account.
This grants access to the gmail app for the generic account only. This does not grant access to the drive, calendars or other apps.
- Log into the Generic account.
- Go to Settings (click the gear on the upper right side above the inbox, click Settings).
- Go to the Accounts and Imports tab.
- Scroll down to the Grant access to your account section and click on Add another account.
- Add the email address of the user you want to add and click Next Step.
- Verify email address and Click Send email to grant access. Once approved, the (delegated) account will show up in their list of accounts. It takes around 15-30 minutes to show up.