Hangouts Chat makes it easy for teams to communicate via chat messages. From direct messages to group conversations, Chat helps teams collaborate easily and efficiently. You can simply open a new tab in your browser and go to chat.google.com or download the app (see below).
- Set up a room that includes everyone in your office or another group of people who you frequently work with
- Upload items from Drive or collaborate on Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- Click on the video icon to start a video call with Hangouts Meet
- Search to look up room members, past conversations, and shared files. You can simply open a new tab in your browser and go to chat.google.com or download the app.
- While logged into your Appstate Google account, open a new tab and go to chat.google.com
(Note: If you are logged into a personal GSuite account in the same browser, you may be redirected to the chat for that account instead of your Appstate account. Please see this Help Document to add a second account to your browser session.)
- Download the Hangouts Chat client by going to https://chat.google.com/download/ Once installed, open the App and sign in to use Hangout Chats as a stand-alone application.
- On a mobile device, access Hangouts Chat via Google's official Hangouts Chat app, which is available for free in the AppStore (iOS devices) or Play Store (Android devices)
- For general assistance, please view Google's Hangouts Chat support page
- For tailored assistance regarding Google Hangouts, please contact the Help Desk at 828-262-6266 (Option 1)