*Pulse Secure is now part of Ivanti, therefore the company is retiring PulseSecure.net and the Pulse logo. The vast majority of the information on Pulse Secure can now be found on Ivanti.com. This is the same product and same company, just a new name.
Appalachian State has partnered with Ivanti (formerly Pulse Secure) to provide faculty and staff with a method of connecting to campus-specific resources from off-campus.
Create a Secure Connection to the Campus Network
The Ivanti Secure Access VPN (Virtual Private Network) is an application that, once installed on your home computer, creates an encrypted tunnel into Appalachian's secure network. This allows you to utilize Remote Desktop software to log into your work computer or use softphone applications as though you were sitting at your desk.
(Note: Ivanti is only available to faculty and staff.)
To connect to our VPN, follow these steps
- Download the Ivanti Secure Access client for your operating system from the NICS File Repository (Mobile Devices will install the Ivanti app from the Play Store or App Store and configure with the below settings)
- When prompted to run or save the file, select Run
- Confirm all default configurations to complete installation
- When Ivanti opens, click the Add Connection icon
- Enter the following connection information
- Type: Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN)
- Name: ASUVPN
- Sever URL: asuvpn.appstate.edu
- Click Connect
- Enter your App State credentials
- You'll get an automatic push to your mobile device
- Or if using a token to authenticate type your password followed by a comma followed by your passcode. Example: yourpassword,passcode
When the connection is finalized a secure tunnel has been established back to the campus network and your computer will respond as if it were connected to the campus network. Access to secure websites should be available as long as the Ivanti Secure software is open and connected.
Note: If your connection fails, or if secure services are not working as intended, a full computer restart will usually resolve the issue.
Connect to a Computer on Campus
*In the event that a specific computer is required to accomplish work and the computer cannot be removed from campus.
For instructions on connecting to a desktop computer, review Remotely Connect to a Campus Computer.
Accessing the VoIP Phone System off-campus
For instructions to set up Cisco Jabber to connect to the VoIP Phone System, review Accessing your VoIP phone off-campus with Cisco Jabber.