To get an Excel file of your students' first and last names, Banner IDs, and email addresses, you can export a roster from AsULearn. If you select grade items, it's also a great way to get a local copy of your gradebook.
- From the main course page, click the gear icon (top right) and click Gradebook setup in the menu.
- On the Gradebook setup page, click the Export link.
- To change the file format from the default (OpenDocument spreadsheet), below the Export tab, click the tab for a different file type such as Excel or Plain Text.
- Under Grade items to be included, select the check boxes for the desired items.
Note: By default, every column in your gradebook will be included. At the bottom of the list, you can click Select all/none to make selecting columns more efficient.
Under Export format options, users can also select to include feedback comments or adjust the decimal display.
- If you want to export just a roster of students, click Select All/None at the bottom to toggle the check boxes off for all the grade items. The exported file will include students' first names, last names, Banner IDs, and email addresses.
- If you are exporting the gradebook as a template to Import Grades from a spreadsheet, export just the activities you want to import.
- Click the Download button at the bottom of the page. The file will download to your computer based on your browser settings: either to your default Download folder, or you will be prompted where to save the downloaded file.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.
We value your feedback! Click HERE to suggest updates to an existing article, request a new article, or submit an idea.