What to do when you see a Bitlocker message on your startup screen.
- Note: The Bitlocker screen will disappear after a few minutes. To bring it back up turn your computer back on.
- Write down the first 8 characters of the Key ID that is displayed on your screen.
- From another computer, browse to https://myworkaccount.microsoft.com/device-list
- Log in with your Appstate credentials.
- Find and click on your computer name in the list. It will likely be your department acronym followed by the Dell Service Tag (found on the bottom of your computer).
- If you cannot find your computer in the list contact Tech Support.
- Press the View Bitlocker Keys button.
- Make sure the Key ID matches what you wrote down earlier.
- Press the Show Recovery Key button
- Write down the recovery key.
- Close the browser window.
- Go back to your computer and input the Recovery Key to unlock it.