To view and access student submissions for an assignment, click the assignment from the main course page.
- Click the View All Submissionsall submissions button to see the Grading page with all the students listed with their submission details (Status, Last Modified Submission, File Submissions, and Submission Comments columns) and the link to Grade the assignment submission for each individual student. See below for details and Options at the bottom of this screen.
- Click the Grade button to open the Submission grading screen for the first student (whether or not the student has submitted the assignment).
At the top of the screen use the Grading action dropdown to:
- Download all submissions; to download each student's submission into a separate folder, check the box in the Options section
- Upload multiple feedback files in a ZIP
- View gradebook
Filter the list to show students with First name and/or Last name that begin with the letters selected; select All for either name to remove the filter. You can also filter the list in the Options section based on submission status. For example, clicking M and All will show Mark Able, Mary Johnson, Melanie Jones, and Michael Smith; clicking M and J will show Mary Johnson and Melanie Jones.
Applying the name filters before applying a filter from the Options section will display students who match both filters. Be sure to reset the name filters to All before setting the Options filter if you don't want to filter by name. The name filter controls are hidden when the Options filter is applied.
The student listing shows submission information for each student for the current assignment in the Status, Last Modified Submission, File Submissions, and Submission Comments columns.
Use the check boxes in the Select column to select one or more students, then from the With selected... dropdown select:
- Lock submissions for this assignment (prevent changes and additional submissions)
- Unlock submissions for this assignment (allow changes and additional submissions)
- Download selected submissions
- Grant extension for this assignment
- Allow another attempt
- Send feedback files for this assignment
then click the Go button and follow any subsequent prompts.
If the Cut-off date has passed, Allow another attempt applied from here or at the bottom of the grading page will not work. Use Grant extension to extend the Due date.
Options for the Grading page
Scroll to the bottom of the Grading page to the Options section. Click the arrow to expand the section if it's collapsed.
- Set the number of Assignments per page to specify how many rows in the student listing are displayed at a time.
- Click the dropdown to Filter the list of students by those who have Not submitted the assignment; who have Submitted; whose submissions Require grading; who have been Granted an extension; or No filter (i.e., all students). See CAUTION above.
- Check the box for Quick grading to assign grades and provide feedback directly in the grading table. This option is not available for assignments that use Advanced Grading (Rubrics and Grading Guides).
- Check the box to Download submission in folders when downloading all (from the Grading action dropdown at the top) or downloading selected (using the check boxes and With selection... dropdown below the list). Each student's submission will be downloaded into a separate folder, keeping structure for any subfolders and original filenames.
Anchor GradeButton GradeButton
Click the Grade button from the open assignment or from the student listing (View all submissions) to open the grading screen for the assignment submissions.
The status for the student's submission is displayed as No attempt or Submitted for grading.
PDF files uploaded by the student can be viewed and commented on in the Review panel (see Panel Display below).
If the student left a comment, the count will be greater than (0). Click the + Comments link to display any comments and the field for you to leave a comment that the student will see.
- Click the folder icon to create a folder to upload files into.
- Click one of the 3 icons on the right to change how the file list is displayed.
Anchor PanelDisplay PanelDisplay
The display options for the Review and Grade panels are the buttons in the bottom right-hand corner of the Submission screen:
If a PDF file is submitted, open the Review panel to display it with the annotation tools to mark up the PDF inside AsULearn. When you Save changes to the grading screen, the annotated PDF will be available for the student to access in the Feedback section for the assignment.
- Course: (Course Name)
- Assignment: (Assignment Name)
- click gear icon to go to Edit settings for the Assignment
- View all submissions
Note: You may also select Quick grading at the bottom of the Grading page under Options. Quick grading allows you to assign grades and provide feedback directly in the grading table. However, this option is not available for assignments that use advanced grading (rubrics and marking guides).
|Content by Label|
We value your feedback! Click HERE to suggest updates to an existing article, request a new article, or submit an idea.