Access Online Windows Computer labs from a web browser using uDesk, Appalachian's virtual desktop solution, which is updated for fall 2020. You can access a custom-built Windows operating environment from any device with which you have an active internet connection. uDesk allows faculty and staff to work from home just as if they were in the office, and allows students to access university-licenses software found in campus computers labs. List of Software available in Online uDesk Virtual Desktop (link only accessible with appstate.edu account)
- Access the uDesk HTML Portal
- Navigate to udesk.appstate.edu
- Select Login to the new uDesk.
- In the Microsoft login window, enter your full appstate email address, the and password. NOTE: if you're enrolled in Duo 2FA, you You will be prompted to enter your for DUO second factor of authentication
- Choose the appropriate Faculty/Staff or Student Lab option.
- Choose the correct operating environment based upon your classification
- When finished, be sure to use the Shut Down power option in the Start Menu
- Note: Closing your web browser while the uDesk HTML Portal is active or failing to use the Shut Down command could result in data loss
- Access Mac-specific software
- Click on Click HERE for further instructions
- Access uDesk GPU for graphic intensive software (uDesk 1.0)
- Click on Click HERE for further instructions.