uDesk Virtual Desktop
Access online windows computer labs from a web browser using uDesk, Appalachian's virtual desktop solution. You can access a custom-built Windows operating environment from any device with which you have an active internet connection. uDesk allows faculty and staff to work from home just as if they were in the office, and allows students to access university-licensed software found in campus computer labs.
See our list of software available in Online uDesk Virtual Desktop (link only accessible with an appstate.edu account)
uDesk creates a virtual Windows experience inside your web browser, allowing you to access a university build at any time. Frequent users can even install the uDesk Horizon Client on their machine to bypass the web browser entirely
To use uDesk, follow the instructions below for each of the options:
- Access the uDesk HTML Portal
- Navigate to udesk.appstate.edu.
- Select Login to uDesk.
- In the Microsoft login window, enter your full App State email address and password.
- NOTE: You will be prompted for DUO second factor authentication
- Choose the appropriate Faculty/Staff or Student Lab option.
- Choose the correct operating environment based on your classification.
- When finished, be sure to use the Shut Down power option in the Start Menu.
- Note: Closing your web browser while the uDesk HTML Portal is active or failing to use the Shut Down command could result in data loss.
- Access Mac-specific software
- Visit How to connect to Online Mac Computer Labs further instructions
- Access uDesk GPU for graphic intensive software (uDesk 1.0)
- Visit Access Online Windows Computer Lab with GPU from a Web Browser for further instructions.