Hangouts Chat makes it easy for teams to be able to get their work done in one place. From direct messages to group conversations, Chat helps teams collaborate easily and efficiently. Upload items from Drive, collaborate on Docs, Sheets, or Slides, join online meetings with Hangouts Meet, or use Google’s powerful search to look up room members, past conversations, and shared files.
- While logged into your Appstate Google account, open a new tab and go to chat.google.com
(Note: If you are logged into a personal GSuite account in the same browser, you may be redirected to the chat for that account instead of your Appstate account. Please see this Help Document to add a second account to your browser session.)
- Download the Hangouts Chat client by going to https://chat.google.com/download/ Once installed, open the App and sign in to use Hangout Chats as a stand-alone application.
- On a mobile device, access Hangouts Chat via Google's official Hangouts Chat app, which is available for free in the AppStore (iOS devices) or Play Store (Android devices)
- For general assistance, please view Google's Hangouts Chat support page
- For tailored assistance regarding Google Hangouts, please contact the Help Desk at 828-262-6266 (Option 1)