This guide is for any Mac with OS 10.11. To check which version of OS X you are currently running click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and select About This Mac. In the popup window, you will see which version of OS X you are running.
Enable IMAP in Google
You must enable IMAP in order to set up your ASU Gmail account in Apple Mail.
- Log in to mail.google.com with your ASU Email Address and password.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the "gear" icon, then click "See all settings".
- On the settings screen, click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
- Next to IMAP access, click "Enable IMAP".
- At the bottom of the screen, click "Save Changes".
- On your Mac, open "System Preferences". In System Preferences, select "Internet Accounts".
- Click Google from the available options or click the plus symbol to add an account.
- Fill in your complete App State email address and your password. Click "Next".
- Make sure all the boxes are checked to sync the respective items with your MountaineerApps account. Uncheck any box you don't want to sync, then click "Done".
If you have any questions, feel free to submit a support request at http://support.appstate.edu/help, or call the Help Desk at 828-262-6266.