See Upload a File for steps to upload from your computer.
To upload a file from your Google Drive into your AsULearn course, follow these steps.
- From the course page, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
- Click the +Add an activity or resource link in a topic section.
- Select File icon and click the Add button.
- Enter a Name for the link.
In the General area > Select file click the Add... button (page icon in the image below). The File picker window will display.
You cannot drag and drop a file from Google Drive in your browser.
- Select GoogleDocs to log into your Google Drive.
- Click Log in to your account, then log in (if your browser doesn't recognize an existing login), and select the file to upload.
- The properties dialog for the selected file is displayed. Modify any of the fields and click Select this file; or click Cancel to select a different file.
- Click Save and return to course, and a link to the file should now be displayed on the main course page.
Not all file types can be uploaded, so the file list is filtered.
A Google Docs file will be converted to a Word document, and a Google Sheets file will be converted to an Excel file and will open in those applications.
The link is to the uploaded file, a copy of the original, and the file is not updated when the file on Google Drive is modified. You will need to Edit settings for the File link on AsULearn and upload the modified file.