uStor is a network-based file storage solution for saving App State files off your computer. You will often hear this referred to the M drive or P drive by Windows users.
This guide will show you how to access the server directly on your Mac and create a uStor alias for easier access.
You must be connected to VPN in order to use uStor when not connected to the asu network. More information is available in our article on Work/Teach/Learn From Home.
- In the Finder Menu Bar, click on Go, then "Connect to Server..."
- In the Server Address field, type the path to the uStor directory: smb://ustor.appstate.edu
- Click Connect and login with your AppState credentials.
- This will mount the uStor folder on the desktop.
- Click Finder and go into Finder preferences. Ensure that Connected Servers is checked.
- To create the shortcut to uStor on the Desktop, right-click or control-click on the mounted uStor Share icon from the desktop and select "Make Alias"
6. You will now have an alias of that uStor Share on your Desktop that won't go away when you eject it or disconnect from the network. Feel free to rename the alias to something suitable for you.